Some things are better together… like a good ol’ sweat session! Why not buddy up to add variety to a typical ‘solo’ workout? You have many things to gain, and only sweat and calories to lose!
Working out with a friend keeps you motivated, encouraged to work hard, and challenged all while sweating together. Plus it’s fun!
Partner workouts are the perfect solution to sprucing up your routine by involving someone who will keep you accountable as well as motivated to get into shape. Whether you hit the gym for a class, take a run outside, or perform strength drills, you will hold each other accountable to do the workouts together.
BENEFITS OF PARTNER WORKOUTS
There really are so many positive reasons why working out with a partner can make such a difference in your fitness routine.
- Keeps a workout fun and exciting
- Accountability with your partner
- Provides motivation to train hard
- Achieve common fitness goals
- Playful and game-like
- Workout time passes by quickly
- Effective use of intensity in minimal time
- Any style of workout goes! (ex: circuits, intervals, timed drills)
- Strengthens your muscles, your heart, and your relationship
WHY THE TOTAL GYM IS GREAT FOR PARTNER CIRCUITS
The Total Gym is a great piece of equipment to perform creative, yet challenging workouts with a partner. Typically, exercises are performed alone on the Total Gym. However, there are unique ways to utilize the Total Gym so that two can get into the action together.
This can be achieved by:
- Performing circuits of 2 exercises that alternate between partners by taking turns on and off of the equipment. This is the type of circuit workout you will learn in this partner blog, so keep reading!
- Performing creative exercises “together” that move in opposite actions on the equipment together
- Incorporating other equipment such as bands, medicine balls, or other fitness tools along with the Total Gym
- Performing a series of Total Gym movements for a set period of time or reps while the other partner performs exercises off the equipment. This is especially convenient when there’s limited fitness tools that only one can work with at a time.
It takes coordination, communication, core strength, and balance to make it all work, but it can be accomplished for an effective and fun sweat session!
MY PARTNER WORKOUT VALUES
If you workout regularly, you probably have developed a certain workout style or prefer a certain type of workout that works best for you. Personally, I like my solo workout time, but there are many things I value from working out with a partner too.
Here are some of my top reasons why I love performing circuit training routines, especially utilizing the Total Gym, that I’d like to share with you…
- Partner workouts are often more effective as you tend to push yourself harder to keep up with your partners pace
- Can create a competition between each other based on time, reps, quickness
- There’s no time to slack off when you have to pace yourself with your partner
- Keeps you wanting to strive for more
- A partner pushes you to workout on days you don’t want to… this has saved me during those less motivated times and I always feel accomplished after!
LINKS TO TOTAL GYM CIRCUITS
Circuit training is one of the best ways to maximize your workout time to achieve your fitness goals. It provides you the flexibility to create workouts that incorporate strength, cardio drills, and any combination of workout styles. There are so many amazing ways to include circuit training into your fitness routines… so I encourage you to give it a try!
Here are some links to other Total Gym circuit workouts you can refer to and add into your routine:
TOTAL GYM PARTNER CIRCUIT WORKOUT
Grab a friend and try this fun and effective partner workout! The circuit alternates between cardio and strength movements to really maximize your efforts. While one does a strength exercise, the other will do a cardio drill, then you switch.
- Stomp watch or timer app to clock 1 minute intervals
- Weighted ball or hand weights
- Total Gym equipment
Total Workout Time: approximately 20-25 minutes (calculating 2 sets)
Together, perform these 4 dynamic exercises to warm-up and prepare your muscles for the workout.
Instructions: Do 15 reps and 1 set of each warm-up exercise, then proceed directly into the circuit workout.
- Jack Squats
- Lunge & Rotate
- Toe Touches
- Lunge Climber
- Set a timer for 1-minute
- If you do not have a timer to use, base the time on the partner performing the STRENGTH exercise for 20 reps. Once their set is completed, switch exercises.
- Perform each cardio and strength circuit twice (2 sets), and then move on to the next circuit. There are 6 circuits total.
C = Cardio
S = Strength
TG = Total Gym
C: Jump Squats (TG)
S: 4 Shoulder Taps, Push-Up
S: Bridge Press (TG)
C: Lunge Drops
S: Tricep Press +static (TG)
C: Diagonal Mountain Climbers
S: Surfer Row (TG)
CORE: These last two exercises are performed together on your Total Gym.
Partner 1: Pullover Crunch
Partner 2: Pike Up
Partner 1: V-Sit Twist
Partner 2: Up-Up Down-Down
Please check out the video to see how these exercises are performed with your partner on your Total Gym!
Finding the motivation for a workout alone can be tough, but having someone holding you accountable can drive your fitness level to a higher standard. Overcome a workout plateau by creating unique movements that involves a friend or your significant other during your next workout session!
Grab your partner and give it a go!
Best to you and your health,
The post Total Gym Circuit Training with a Partner appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.